The Operations Coordinator works with members of the Purchasing, Operations, and Engineering departments to support functions required for the safe and efficient operation of company managed vessels. This position is primarily responsible for supporting the Purchasing department while providing any needed support to Engineering and Operations, with a focus on spare part procurement, logistics, maintaining assigned departmental documentation, warehousing and delivery.
- Coordinate requisitions received from Company vessels and process for quotation.
- Initiate and follow up with quotes with vendors
- Maintain and update inventory list from warehouses and Freight forwarder.
- Coordinate with Accounts Payable Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices.
- Provide support to Engineering department in arranging and managing Service Technician arrangement and deployment.
- Co-support Engineering department in monitoring/maintaining documentation.
- Assist in the administration and expansion of the vessel certificate system.
- Monitor daily communications to/from each vessel.
- Assist in the creation of standard purchasing lists for Deck/Engine Consumable items.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The following competencies are essential to perform this job successfully:
- Judgment—displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Communication—ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates excellent verbal and written skills.
- Planning/organizing—prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans. Attention to detail is critical. Must be organized and be able to plan strategically. Ability to work independently.
- Teamwork – Thrives in a team-oriented environment, understands the role of other departments and the importance of a positive working relationship.
- Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Ability to identify areas for performance improvement and implementation of cost saving measures.
- Problem solving—identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Education, Training & Experience
Bachelor of Science from a Maritime Academy or equivalent experience within the industry preferred. Fluent in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Proficiency with ABS NS is preferred.
A valid U.S. Passport and proof of COVID-19 Vaccination is required