LIBERTY MARITIME – SAILING CAREERS
Thank you for your interest in sailing with Liberty Maritime. Our Company endeavors to employ the finest U.S. Coast Guard licensed and certified seafarers for the positions aboard our U.S. Flag Deep Sea vessels.The following positions may be available aboard our vessels:
- · Master
- · Chief Mate
- · Second Mate
- · Third Mate
- · Chief Engineer
- · First Assistant Engineer
- · Second Assistant Engineer
- · Third Assistant Engineer
- · BOSUN
- · AB Maintenance
- · AB Watch
- · QMED
- · GUDE
- · Steward/Baker
- · Chief Cook
- · Steward Assistant
In order to qualify for a sailing opportunity with Liberty Maritime the following requirements must be met:
· U.S. Coast Guard License (rating of unlimited tonnage, Oceans or any horsepower) – is required for the positions of each licensed crewmember
· Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping Certificate (STCW ’95)
· Merchant Mariner Document
· U.S. Passport
· Proof of a valid USCG physical
· Proof of yellow-fever vaccination
Please note all documents must be valid for a minimum of 6 months from start of employment. The requirements listed above are subject to change.
Qualified candidates selected for sailing opportunities with Liberty Maritime must successfully pass a USCG pre-employment fit for duty physical.
All sailing jobs are filled through the union halls listed below. If you are not a member, you must join the respective union prior to becoming eligible for a sailing opportunity with Liberty Maritime.
· Licensed deck and engine officers for Liberty Maritime’s U.S. Flag Bulk Carriers (Liberty Sun, Liberty Spirit, Liberty Glory, Liberty Grace, and Liberty Eagle) are hired through American Maritime Officers Union (AMO). For more information please visit their website at www.amo-union.org or call (800) 362-0513
· Licensed deck and engine officers for Liberty Maritime’s U.S. Flag RO/RO fleet (Liberty Pride, Liberty Promise and Prestige New York) are hired through Marine Engineers’ Beneficial Association (MEBA). For more information please visit their website at www.d1meba.org
· Unlicensed crewmembers for all U.S. Flag Bulk vessels and RO/RO fleet are hired through the Seafarers International Union (SIU). For more information please visit their website at www.seafarers.org
If you are a member in good standing with your respective union and would like to submit your resume for further consideration, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly include your position desired and union affiliation.
Resumes will be kept on file for one year. We hope you find this information useful and wish you the best in your career endeavors.